Our Technique in Cambridge
Serving The Cambridge Area Since 1985
Unique Chiropractic Care
One of the things that sets your experience at Westerberg Chiropractic apart from other chiropractic offices is our use of modern instruments. Having practiced chiropractic care since 1985, our Cambridge chiropractor, Dr. Westerberg, has extensive experience with instrument adjusting.
“I can assure you that your experience will be one that feels really good, because I go out of my way to be a gentle chiropractor.”
- Dr. Randy Westerberg
A Different Approach
Westerberg Chiropractic specializes in one of the most scientifically researched techniques in Chiropractic today. Torque Release Technique has been proven over years of research to get better and faster results than ever before. It is also the 1st chiropractic technique to be developed out of research.
Chiropractic has never had a scientific model that represents subluxation-centered chiropractic. A model that explained the subluxation for the true role it plays. With chiropractic having entered its second century, it is essential that a truly up-to-date, functional, scientific, neurological based model lead the forefront and transform healthcare. Torque Release bases its technique on gentle touch and light thrusting by using a hand-held instrument called an Integrator. The Integrator reproduces the thrust and movement components of the classic chiropractic method of adjusting by hand, at a speed of 1/10,000th of a second. This low-force adjusting method allows the nervous system to better integrate and understand new corrective information and to process it throughout the spinal cord and brain. Your spinal corrections do not stop once you get off the table. They continue as you breathe and move.
Torque Release and Its Advantage
A Torque Release Technique (TRT) adjustment can be delivered with the spine in a perfectly relaxed neutral position with the perfect amount of force. In contrast, a traditional adjustment requires the spine to be stretched to a position of tension followed by the manual thrust by hand to sufficiently open the spinal joints to activate a cavitation response. Practice members enjoy the specific adjustment without the force, cracking, and popping sound of manual adjustments. Without the need for a manual thrust, an adjustment with Torque release is safe and effective. There is no risk of damaging ligaments or muscles and the healing time is improved since there is no micro damage done to the ligaments. This can happen with a manual adjustment since the spine is stretched to tension before the thrust with the cracking and popping of the ligaments.
Why is Torque Release Special?
- PRECISE: When using an Integrator we can pinpoint the exact point on the spine that requires adjustment of nerve function.
- SPECIFIC: The force, frequency of energy, torque, speed and thrust provided by the Integrator have all been tailor-made to deliver the perfect amount of energy to help normalize nerve function.
- GENTLE: An Integrator adjustment can be delivered with the spine in a perfectly relaxed position with a controlled amount of force.
- FAST: The incredibly fast but shallow impulse is one of the secrets to the effectiveness of this adjustment and the reason for it being so gentle.
- RECOIL: Another of the secret ingredients built into the Integrator is recoil: This bounce in the impulse increases the body’s nerve system response.
- TORQUE: Subatomic particles, atoms, muscles, and human bodies all move in three dimensions: The three-dimensional impulse of the Integrator maximizes the effectiveness on the human body.
- EFFECTIVE: The benefits of Integrator adjustments have been measured by scientific research and this research has been published in major peer-reviewed medical journals.
- RELIABLE: The way that the Integrator delivers an adjustment is very consistent and reliable so that the right amount of force and energy is transmitted on each and every adjustment.
- CONSISTENT: The assessment, examination and adjustments that are used in the Torque Release Technique are standardized which means that several practitioners using the same method can deliver the same results and experience.
- RECOGNIZED: The Integrator is patented for the correction of subluxations. The Integrator is registered with a United States Food and Drug Administration 510k certification, and holds a CE Marking for use in Europe. The Torque Release Technique is the only FDA approved chiropractic method.